Earn More on Medium A New Writers Bootcamp #1
So You Want to Earn Money Writing: Topics, Consistency, and Publishing
Whether you’re a new writer on Medium or you’ve been thinking about joining Medium. It’s important to know how best to engage on the platform. Each platform we use has its own nuances, for instance:
- Tik-Tok is a strong community of musicians, micro-experts, and storytellers/influencers.
- Tik-Tok is a viral community, this is due to its use of perpetual storytelling through the Duet feature. You can have one video thread, create 10,000 sub-stories, and half of those go viral.
- Tik-Toks tags are really great accelerators for boosting your content or becoming part of the conversation on ______ topic/tag.
- Twitter is an ongoing conversation community
- You need to become a part of the conversation if you want to be relevant
- Twitter can be used to engage with your favorite companies to sort out customer service issues, which is very, very useful.
- Each subreddit has their own rules
- Crossposts matter, but make sure it is relevant to the subreddit
- Community First & Anti-Spam stance, if you’re not a part of the subreddit community and you try to post a link. Often you’ll find yourself banned. Become a member of the community through interaction first.
These are just a few platforms and some of their nuances. Medium is no different; the sooner you learn the nuances, the sooner you create sustainable momentum. Let’s walk through the journey most writers deal with when they start on Medium.
Two of the most common questions I get from people are: is it worth joining Medium? And will writing on Medium make me money? Let’s dive in and find out.
Is Medium Worth Joining?
I have a bias, I’m here on Medium.com as a paying member. I’ve been a paying member for years. However, I have only just begun writing consistently. As a now consistent writer, I say yes, Medium is worth joining. Here are a few of…